Sunday 31 August 2014

Holy sh*t it's September??

Can somebody tell me where half the year went already? How is it september? what? where the heck did the past 8 months go of 2014??

So it's my birthday month (hehehe) and I can't believe I'm turning 20.. (errr, getting old). Life get's serious in your twenties and I'm not too keen for that. I'm still a kid at heart, even though I've had to mature up quickly at 18. One of the biggest road ahead in my 20's is that every single minute counts in achieving the future life. How? well my awesome friend johnny, who I look up to big time, has kindly given me some great advice as I enter my 20's. 
"Your 20's make the most pivotal time in your life. While there are plenty of distractions and temptations, the decisions you make here are truly what dictates your future, as the weak fail and only the strong survive. Do you have what it takes to become a monumental success? Or will you live out a life of mediocrity? The choice is up to you. While many think they have all the answers and the keys to success, we have seen those people make the same pitfalls too many times before. The is the time for you to hustle, scrap and fight for the life that you want for yourself, You manifest your own destiny during these crucial years"
Awesome yeah?, so inspiring, Great. I guess nothing but 110% of hard work to uni, work and attempting to have a healthy lifestyle (ha). Great, Awesome, I feel lazy already #fatlife

Continuing on, over the past few days many of my friends have sadly reminded me that my birthday is coming up.. err yeah. not really that excited anymore about birthdays. Many ask what I want for my birthday but I hate being the person that asks for specific things. And, apparently I'm 'hard to shop for' Yeah right.. So I thought I'd just gather many things I admire that I can't have due to limitation of monetary funds. (yeah reppin' the student budget life pow).

The infamous Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Uhh, I have adored ambient lighting powders the moment the makeup artist tried it on myself. I totally forgot the colour, but since the trio palette is permanently available in Australia, I have always laid my eyes on this baby whenever I walk past an Hourglass counter. Always resisted to purchased it on the spot, because I feel for the amount you get and the price it isn't worth splurging for especially on a powder.




Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator
Woah, a long name but this moisturiser is the best one I've tried on the market (so far). I always purchase the small sample size of this when I know my skin needs a little more umph, and I can tell you, It does what it says it does. The moisturiser dries matte on the skin which is ideal before applying a primer or foundation. I find the bundle of goodness gives me the exact amount of hydration I need on my skin, without making me look oily and yuck (the effects when dries matte). Me buying the full sized item? when I can afford it. I can't justify dropping $60 on a moisturiser just yet...

Benefit Their Real Mascara
This is the only mascara I ever use. Dang it's so good I'm gonna go apply it on right now. I'm on my second full sized tube of this and I'm almost out, probably in a couple of days it'll belong to the bin. I can't say anything bad about this mascara, and there is too much good to talk about so I'll keep this short and sweet.




Nars Satin/Matte Lip Pencil
Woah, these are amazing. I have not yet owned a nars lip pencil but these are so nice on the lips. I totes dno what colour suits me best, but surprise me?

Flowerbomb Victor & Rolf Fragrance
Okay, This last item. Pwoah, the countless amount o' times I have gone to Myer or DJ's fragrance section just to spritz this all over my sexy body. Uhhhh yess. This fragrance is AHHMAZZZEEBALLLZ. This perfume, man I have eye ballin for the last 2-3 years, I always have to justify why I shouldn't buy this perfume for myself, because a) expensive for the smallest bottle and b) I have convinced myself I'll buy when I have finished the thousands of perfumes sitting on my desk. Ha. but If you, (my favourite friend, forever and forever) get me this.. I will be your bitch for life.. (not really) but omg just typing this makes me want to smash into the nearest Myer store just to have a sniff of this stuff... Uhhh gawddddd.

So there you go, very minimal but really its the thought that counts. Anything as little as a chocolate I will appreciate :-)

Until next time xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment